Leveraging the experience and expertise within the sector
The For Purpose sector is in transformation as organisations seek to achieve both their purpose and commercial objectives.
One of the fundamental beliefs underpinning the Centre For Social Purpose is that the answers on how to make this transformation already exist within the sector.
With this in mind, the Operational Excellence Roundtable Series provides a forum to:
- Gain insights from organisations that have already achieved success.
- Leverage the experience of peers through collaborative problem-solving.
The Roundtables are for members and guests and are by invitation only.
Members attend at no charge. The Guest fee of $ 80 per person is to cover event costs.
• Gain insights from peers who have made progress
• Take away practical ideas
• Develop networks to progress application
Each two-hour Roundtable is hosted by a For Purpose organisation, covers a different aspect of Operational Excellence and addresses three questions :
Information on future Roundtables to be provided soon
Leadership: Technology Supporting Purpose
Explores how For Purpose organizations are implementing new technology solutions to both support purpose delivery and drive cost efficiencies.
Sydney (April 3) Host: Mission Australia
• Salvation Army Aged Care: Paul Berryman (Head of Information Technology)
• Royal Far West: Jacqui Emery (Business Director)
• The Wilderness Society: Matt Brennan (Chief Operating Officer)
Melbourne (June 5) Host: Uniting Vic.Tas
• Red Cross: Noel Clement (Director; Migration, Emergencies & Movement)
• Diabetes Victoria: Lalith Abeysena (Chief Operating Officer)
• EACH Social & Community: Marcus Harvey (Previous Chief Information Officer)
Brisbane Panel (June 14) Host: Mater Foundation
• Endeavour Foundation: Andy Salmons (National Digital Marketing Manager)
• Mercy Community Services: Patrick Lilwall (Executive Director, Transformation)
• Royal Flying Doctor Service: Trent Dean (Head, Clinical Governance)
Measuring Social Impact
Impact measurement is a key priority for organizations but is also rated one of their greatest challenges. Successful organizations share insights.
Sydney (June 13) Host: The Benevolent Society
- YMCA: Louisa McKay (Executive Leader, Community Services)
- Mission Australia: Rachel Christie (Impact Measurement Specialist)
- Interrelate: Sharon Grocott (Head of Research & Innovation)
Melbourne (June 28) Host: Australian Red Cross
- YMCA: Jacki Whitwell (Executive Manager, Impact Strategy)
- Uniting: Kath Mackay (Divisional Manager, Community Services South)
- Sacred Heart Mission: Leanne Lewis (General Manager, People, and Strategy)
Brisbane (August 1) Host: St Vincent de Paul
- Uniting: Tom McClean (Head, Centre for Research, Innovation, and Advocacy)
- YMCA Brisbane: Gary Adsett (Group Mgr, Social Impact) & Rebecca Duell (Impact & Innovation Team)
- Churches Of Christ: Mike Folland (GM – CEO Office)
Impact Investing: Bond Insights
Organizations are implementing alternative financing options to fund purpose delivery. This session provides insights on one high-profit vehicle – Social Impact Bonds – from leaders with first-hand experience.
Melbourne (May 31) Host: Save The Children
- Australian Community Support Organization: Vaughan Winther (CEO) & Remberto Rivera (CFO)
- Melbourne City Mission: Dave Wells (GM, Innovation, Impact & Govt)
- Sacred Heart Mission: Catherine Harris (GM, Business Development)
Sydney (July 18) Host: The Benevolent Society
- Life Without Barriers: Brad Swan (Director, Strategy & Engagement)
- The Benevolent Society: Matt Gardiner (Exec Dir, Child & Family)
- SYC Ltd : Paul Edginton (CEO)
- Uniting : Magdalena Liso (Head of NEWPIN – ACT and Southern NSW)
Corporate partnerships are an effective way to fund and implement purpose delivery, and assist corporates committed to supporting social impact. This session explores how to create mutually beneficial partnerships.
Sydney (June 27) Host : The Salvation Army
- ChildFund : Margaret Sheehan (Head of International Programs)
- McGrath Foundation : Holly Masters (CEO)
- Settlement Services : Naushin Rahman (Corporate Partnerships Mgr)
Brisbane (July 31) Host : The Mater Foundation
- Mater Foundation : Nigel Harris (CEO)
- Royal Flying Doctor : Ian Finlayson (Head, Corporate Affairs)
- The Smith Family : Chris Stevenson (Senior Business Development Manager)
Effective Volunteer Management
Volunteers are an important resource in delivering our purpose and commercial objectives. This session explores effective practices to attract, engage and manage volunteers.
Sydney (July 30) Host: Wesley Mission
- Salvation Army: Lucinda Gayl (Volunteer Resources Manager)
- McGrath Foundation: Ryan Barlow (Marketing & Revenue Director)
- Smith Family: Lauren Stocker (National Manager Volunteering)
- Karitane: Grainne O’ Loughlin (CEO)
Contact us for assistance