Learning from previous success
The Centre has a team of ex-industry leaders and consultants who have deep experience guiding social purpose organisations to improve performance. Working with the Centre’s consultants gives you access to deep knowledge, expertise and experience to help transform your organisation.
The ultimate goal for any social purpose organisation is to create a social impact. Having a clear strategy to achieve this goal is the critical step to ensure your organisation achieves your mission.
Our experienced team of consultants can help you:
- Conduct an external assessment (horizon scanning)
- Build a framework to understand, measure and communicate your impact
- Analyse your portfolio of revenue generating options
The objective is clear – improve organisational performance. The challenge is where to prioritise and allocate your scarce resources to achieve the optimal impact.
An organisational assessment will provide you with a report that compares your organisation against benchmarked best practices, and is a catalyst for your Executive Team to create an Action Plan.
Our Consultants can draw upon a broad range of assessment tools including :
- “Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool (OCAT)” – a free on-line survey tool from McKinsey Group covering leadership, aspirations, strategy, funding, marketing, advocacy and business processes
- “The Core Capacity Assessment Tool (CCAT)” – an on-line survey tool by The TCC Group covering four quadrants – Leadership, Adaptive, Management and Technical. This tool costs $ 1,000 and the report compares your organisation against benchmarks from 6,000 nonprofit organisations that have completed the survey
- Functional Area Assessments – various on-line tools cover best practices in functional areas of Operational Excellence
The on-line survey is supplemented with interviews with your key stakeholders. The deliverable is a report with recommendations and a facilitated discussion on the findings to create an action plan.
Staff costs typically make up 70% of total costs for most social purpose organisations. It is therefore vital to optimise effectiveness through workforce planning.
We can help you :
- Analyse demand for staff
- Identify different skill capabilities
- Create models to explore options : such as the balance of full-time vs part-time staff
- Identify where to focus to gain greatest impact : Our consultants draw upon their experience and sector-assessment tools to help you prioritise your effort.
- Fast-track implementation of key initiatives : Through finding more effective approaches and strengthening internal capability
- Access our database of tools : Our consulting clients have access to a database of templates, tools, process guides, sample policies to assist in their implementation.